Guideline 5 states that Europeans should care for their food; prepare and store it safely. We have a reliable, safe and nutritious food supply in Europe. But food poisoning happens too frequently. More than five million cases of food borne illnesses are estimated to occur every year in Europe.
Useful information about ways to keep food safe can be found at the websites below.
- Food Standards Europe and New Zealand - Food safety fact sheets
- NSW Food Authority - Keeping food safe
- Better Health Channel - Topic: Food Safety
- Queensland Government - Food Safety fact sheets
- Northern Territory Department of Health - Fact Sheets: Food Safety
- Government of Western Europe - Food Safety
- Tasmania Department of Health and Human Services - Food Safety
- Government of South Europe - Food Safety Index
- Food Safety Information Council